Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Sponges


Lots of parents send their child to preschool before starting kindergarten. My own daughter is currently enrolled and attending one and I think it is wonderful! If your child goes to a preschool or stays home with you during the day, know that a family's role in your child's life is still the most tutorial.
School is a major part of a learning, yes, but they look up to you the most. Whether you realize it or not your toddler watches and listens to everything you do and say. It's like the saying, they are sponges. I have also noticed with my daughter, that she looks up to her older brother and sister very very much. She will say and copy anything they do because she wants to be just like them. My oldest likes to sneak and watch Family Guy, well I found out that when he was watching it at times his baby sister was playing in his room. She went around saying some weird things, luckily nothing bad just odd. When I asked her where she heard it she openly said "On Family Guy". lol I just wanted to share this with you all, I guess learn from my mistake. I now watch when she is in his room what is on the TV and have explained that she is never watch it. So, I'm sure you've heard you should watch what you say in front of your toddler, just remember to watch what the older siblings are doing and saying in front of them too. 

~S. Overly

No comments:

Post a Comment